Friday, April 20, 2012

Chance Encounters Review

Chance Encounters by J. Sterling

Book description...
Caroline Weber was a normal girl who thought she had her life figured out. After graduating from college in New York, she moved to San Francisco with her boyfriend, Clay. Everything in her life felt perfect. There wasn't anything she would change...
...until she met Jackson Parks.
Is it possible that a chance meeting with a stranger can make you question EVERYTHING you thought you wanted? Caroline tries to carry on with her life as if nothing has changed...but the truth is, nothing can ever be the same.
Chance Encounters is an emotional love story about trusting and following your heart, even when it's leading you down a difficult path.
Sometimes other hearts have to break in order to keep yours intact.

Let me start off by giving J. a big huge virtual (((HUG))) and say congratulations on producing such an amazing story!  I love watching Authors.... okay in J's case Authorballs.... grow confident in their writing.  It was clear that J's confidence has grown since In Dreams.... So now I'm even more excited to read more of her work.  So J..... I know that Chance Encounters JUST came out on April 19 but I have to ask.... when is the next book coming out?  Is it soon?  Will it be part of the Dreams Series?  Another stand alone like Chance Encounters?  Huh? Huh?....  Well, maybe I should give you a few days to relax and enjoy the fact that you have published yet another book that will have readers wanting more of your hilarious heroines and sexy heroes... Anyway, Congrats J... You deserve a shot of tequila and a standing ovation for your latest release.

Caroline.... She's adorable, I really enjoyed getting to know about her and the love she has for those in her life.  She loves deep, she cares deep, and she's got a boyfriend who adores her.  But can a man be enough when you feel a deep connection with someone else... So deep that you feel it as soon as your eyes meet?... so deep that it physically hurts to think about not being around them?  Caroline faced these questions and it all began on the flight home from one of her best friends funeral... when she was already in a vulnerable spot in her life.  But the words she had just spoke at the funeral will help her begin to face these questions as they come up.

Clay was great, don't get me wrong... BUT... Jackson.... Yeah, totally inducting him into the Hotties and ♥'s club.  The chemistry between him and Caroline was undeniable... quite frankly the connection the two of them had was beautiful... it reminded me of how I feel about my husband, how I've felt about my husband since he decided he wasn't going to give up on the chase I didn't realize I was giving him, and how beautiful that deep connection with him really is!  Jackson was such a gentle man who knew he wanted Caroline, he knew there was something about her that he couldn't give up on... not that he wanted to.  But he also knew she had a boyfriend and while he respected the physical boundaries he couldn't stop his heart from falling in love and knowing he had found his other half.

Here's where it got tricky.... for everyone.....AND... here is where I'm going to stop giving you, my lovely book lovers any more information on this book.... Yep go ahead, call me a biatch, say I'm mean and that I'm always asking for spoilers but I'm keeping my mouth shut.  You'll have to read it to find out what decisions are made, who makes them, and how everything plays out....on your own.  I promise you though, you will be happy with the out come.  The story is beautiful and it reminds you of how rare it is to find that someone who is really meant for you... They always say there are a lot of fish in the sea, and don't get me wrong there are.... and it's fun to play with them... BUT how often do people come across that one special person that was meant for them?

I do have to say that while there is a love triangle in this book there is no physical cheating... and yes I know that emotional cheating is still cheating I have to say that I understood the decisions that Caroline was facing and her reasoning for not wanting to let go of either Clay or Jackson.  She faced some big ones, life altering changes if she picked one over the other, and still struggled with the fact that no matter who she picked she was going to hurt someone....something she did not want to do.  But with that said, I am so glad that while the temptation was there for Jackson and Caroline to just simply kiss... they didn't.


Chance Encounters by J. Sterling is yet another consuming book that will leave you satisfied with a sweet little love story about true soul mates that find each other and fall so deep in love.  OH!  And of course dear sweet J gives us that sarcastic humor that I love so much!  I'm going to patiently wait... okay so yeah, I'll probably bug the hell out of J so we'll say... anxiously wait for J. Sterling's next book, she's got a way with words that fully entertains me which means... this book will go on my re-read list and stay there!!!

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. You write the BEST reviews! seriously! Thank you so much!!!!!!!! You're one of the bestest readerballs EVA!
    My next release is the PREQUEL to In Dreams- it's called "Before the Dreams" and it takes place during one of the groups past lives, as we mention in the first book. It's going to answer all those questions you had when you read ID- it will reinforce all the feelings, the emotions, and the connections between the characters. And it will be heartbreaking. You're welcome. lol

    Thank you so much for writing this... for loving it.. and for getting my humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Thanks Jenn, you're one of the best Authorballs ever!!!!! I so enjoyed reading your book so much that it was so hard for me not to give away more than I did. You don't have to thank me at all honey, I love to write reviews about books I enjoy... it's my own way of having a conversation (by myself) without anyone (but myself) to interrupt... Oh and you're humor? Yeah, I've told ya before but I'll tell ya again.... I totally LOVE it!!

      YAY, I can't wait for Before the Dreams and Thank You for that little bit of info :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome review!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete