Title: When I’m with You
Author: Cecilia Gray
Release date: December 2012
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Links to find/buy your book:
Kat is destined to be a star and her big break has arrived at last! As the assistant to a celebrity classmate on the set of a feature film, she's going to show everyone she has what it takes. That is, until she discovers pursuing her dreams may mean forfeiting her heart. Unless she can find a way to have both…
* * *
Don't miss the rest of the Jane Austen Academy series, where sassy girls, hot guys and Jane Austen collide!
Book 1: Fall For You (Lizzie)
Book 2: So Into You (Ellie)
Book 3: When I'm With You (Kat)
The Jane Austen Academy series are modern retellings of Jane Austen classics set at a beachside California boarding school.
The last thing that the girls at the elite Jane Austen Academy need is hot guys to flirt with. But over the summer the school has been sold, and like it or not, the guys are coming. And it’s about to turn the Academy—and the lives of its students—totally upside down…
WHEN I’M WITH YOU Facts
By Cecilia Gray
· Kat and her Jane Austen Academy costars prank each other live on stage. I stole this ritual from my high school drama club. They would leave dirty notes for each other to find during serious mologues or would glue down props before performances. It seems mean-spirited but was all in good fun.
· Half the book takes place on a movie set. While I've never been on a movie set (yet!), I was heavily involved in the making of the Jane Austen Academy book trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL36WerF1y0). Lots of the details about the set, the filming and industry lingo come from that experience.
· The character of Megalomaniac movie star Tom Trenton is loosely based on Tom Cruise. I wanted to create a movie star who was larger than life, suspected of a troubled relationship and who had a son breaking into the movies. Then I realized he already existed.
· The cast and crew of the movie live in trailers. The trailer described is identical to the trailer my parents kept parked in our garage when I was a teenager. I used to beg them to let me have sleepovers in it with my friends so we could feel like we had our own space away from the main house.
· For some (ridiculous) reason, I'd given up caffeine while writing WHEN I'M WITH YOU. I went into caffeine withdrawal crazies, which is probably why an unreasonable number of scenes in this book take place with Kat on a latte run. Thankfully, I'm back on the good stuff now.
About the Author
Cecilia Gray lives in Oakland where she reads, writes and breaks for food. She also pens her biographies in the third person. Like this. As if to trick you into thinking someone else wrote it because she is important. Alas, this is not the case.
Cecilia has been praised for "instilling a warmth and weight into her characters" (Romancing The Book Reviews) and her books have been praised for being "well-written, original, realistic and witty" (Quills & Zebras Reviews).
Her latest series of young-adult contemporary Jane Austen retellings was named a What's Hot pick (RT Book Reviews magazine) and is a Best of 2012 pick (Kirkus Reviews) where it was praised for being a "unique twist on a classic" and offering "a compelling mix of action, drama and love."
Social Media links:
Tour Giveaway: (2) eBook sets of The Jane Austen Series (first 3 books)– Open International. Make sure you enter the Rafflecopter below!
To follow the tour click this link: http://wp.me/p20ttU-173