Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Law Man (Dream Man #3) Review


Law Man (Dream Man Series) by Kristen Ashley is a wonderful  addition to the Dream Man Series...  It was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!

Book description...
  Four years ago, Mitch Lawson moved across the breezeway from Mara Hanover and she fell in love with the tall, good-looking police detective who had an uncanny ability to dress well even though he’s single. It was not a stalker kind of love; she knows she has no hope since Mitch is way out of her league. That doesn’t change the fact that he’s her dream man.
Then one day Mara’s faucet won’t turn off and she knows nothing about plumbing. Being a good guy, Mitch offers to help then he invites himself over for pizza. Mara gives it a go but finds herself running away from him (literally) on their first date, standing him up their second and then she runs into him (again literally) on her way to save her ne’er do well, criminal cousin’s kids who’d just run away from their ne’er do well, criminal Dad.
Suddenly, Mara finds she has on her hands the guardianship of two kids and a gorgeous police detective who’s willing to do anything to help out… including giving fabulous foot rubs.
But Mara knows who she is and where she came from and she knows Detective Mitch Lawson is better than her. Hot law man Mitch disagrees and his challenge is to convince Mara to let go of her past and he sets about building a family at the same time he finds he also needs to protect them all against known and unknown adversaries that would tear them apart.

So now that I've decided I am committed to this KA marathon at the moment, which isn't very hard for me to commit to, seeing as I'm dying to do a reread of two KA books in particular... I guess I better confess to my addiction up front so.... "Hi my name is Lori and I am a KA-aholic"  It's true... I absolutely LOVE Kristen Ashley, not only is she a phenomenal author but she's an incredibly down to earth woman who has brought a lot of joy into my life in the past few months in more ways than I could ever thank her for.... and she did all that after I became obsessed with her books!

I'm going to be completely honest here and just come right out and say.... I did not care a whole lot for Mara at first and here's why... her confidence in herself was so low that I honestly got annoyed with her, I didn't care for her zone system... at all.  I could see that she was all that but it tore me up that she couldn't even see that she was half as amazing as she really was... so at first I did not care for her even though it was hard to maintain the annoyed feelings towards her when she was doing such a beautiful thing with her two little cousins.... and of course it also didn't help that she was a Cubs Fan (no offense to you Cubs Fans out there but it's all about the Cardinal's baby Smiley)...  BUT, then I learned about Mara's past.  The things she went through as a kid and even as an adult and it all made sense why her self esteem was soooo low... and once I finally got all that... I read about her in a new light.  THEN, She finally gets it... and O.M.G.  she was amazing.  Once Mara finally came to see how amazing she was... inside and out... she was like a precious gem, gorgeous, loving, strong, and most of all  finally able to see that she deserved the beauty that had come into her life.... mostly the beauty of one smokin' hot detective!!

...Sigh...Mitch Lawson is another hotter than hell KA alpha male that screams ★ Male Perfection ★... and yes I know I say that about most of KA's alpha males... but I can't help but to admit the truth.  Take a little look at that visual..... it's okay to stare and then to even come back and look a little more because... YUM-I-LICIOUS!!!

We met Mitch first in Mystery Man when he was the lead Detective on Gwen's case and he made his interest in Gwen known... I actually REALLY liked Mitch in Mystery Man, if I didn't think that Hawk would somehow come around and be yet another definition of Male Perfection I would have cheered for Mitch to win Gwen's heart... but.... it didn't work out that way.  And I have to say I'm glad it didn't because in Law Man... where we actually get to know this extremely loving man... I realized that Mitch got exactly what he wanted when it came to his relationship with Mara.... NOT that he doesn't have to work hard to get in there, because he does.... but she's not full of herself and with Mitch being such a nice guy, he needed a girl that wouldn't take that for granted... a girl that would fall in love with a man who is willing to do whatever he had to do.... a girl that would know what kind of man she had and cherish every second she had with him.... a girl... like Mara!
"Never believed in this shit but now, I'm thinkin' I fell in love with the promise of you the first time I saw you."
God, he's so hot... and sweet... and hot... and totally swoon-worthy!!!!  On top of knowing that he is going to have his work cut out for him when it comes to breaking through Mara's walls, he now has Mara's two little cousin's... Billy (9 year old boy) and Billie (6 year old girl)... LOL, yeah I know funny shit and what makes it even better is the Author's Note in the beginning of Law Man where KA says:
"Upon asking the hubster to give me names of the male and female offspring of a loser, he asked, "What's their Dad's name?"  I answered, "Bill." He immediately replied, "Billy and Billerina." I found this so hilarious, Billy and Billie were born."
I seriously crack up at that... because after reading Law Man and getting to see how Bill (Their Dad) was and the type of people Mara and Bill grew up around, I could totally picture this!.... Okay moving on LOL... So Mitch takes all this on because he KNOWS that Mara is meant to be his and he is a man who is determined to get what he wants... even if that means dealing with a lot of drama.... and boy is there drama.... but what makes that feeling you get when you're sitting on the edge of your seat, heart pounding, clicking the next button as quick as you can so you find out what happens next so much MORE is because it all includes two innocent, beautiful kids who have not had a very good life until Mitch and Mara.... two beautiful children who finally get a a real home with two adults who love them unconditionally.

When it comes to Mitch with Billy and Billie I got tears in my eyes... serious tears... because it's not every day that a man wants to get involved in a relationship with a woman who has kids let alone a man who wants to get into a relationship with a woman who is about to take custody of children that aren't even hers.  Not only does Mitch help Mara out... and he helps her out A LOT, like more then most men help out when it comes to their own children... but he falls in love with the kids as well.  They come to mean something important to him, they come to mean so much to him he looks at them as if they are his own children!  Now if that isn't enough to pull at your heart I don't know what is... I personally was already 3/4's in love with Mitch but when I saw how incredible he is with those kids... the extent he would go to for those kids... the way he handled them with care.... and most importantly the way he explained his feelings for all of them... I fell head over heals for him...
"Life goes like I hope, you'll be dancin' with Mara at your wedding and your sister will be dancing with me at hers,"
There is so much to this book that I could go on and on about... but I won't and only because I've already given away more than I actually intended to but I will tell you one more thing
.......Smiley...... 
There is an absolutely A-MAZ-ING scene that involves a drunk posse of women and Hawk.... cracked me right up, like to the point where I had to highlight the entire scene in Luke just so I could go back and reread it!
Law Man (Dream Man Series) by Kristen Ashley had me consumed that I am now extremely anxious for Motorcycle Man (Tack's story)... I'm always ready for more KA but I've found that the longer we have to see a secondary character grow in her books, until it's time for that character to get their own book, the more anxious I am to read that characters story.... because by the time that book is ready to be released I am already half way in love with them.  KA has got a stellar talent... she creates these stories that keep me up at night while saying.... "Just one more chapter"... but that's not all, her stories are fantastic but her characters are down right phenomenal, I fall in love with all of them, I feel connections with them.... and I'm not just talking about the main Hero and Heroine of whatever book I'm reading at the time... I'm talking about ALL her characters.

Check out the Dream Man Series or any of Kristen's work for that matter.... you will love her style!

Happy Reading!




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome review on this story! I have been debating whether to read this story, and tgis helped me out so much :) i was just wondering if Law Man can be read alone without reading the previous books in the series? I'm really interested in Law Man right now, but I'd rather read it first. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, You're welcome and thank you :) One thing about Kristen Ashely is you can definitely read her books as stand alones... but it's always more fun to read them in order. As for the Dream Man series, I don't think it's imperative to read Mystery Man or Wild Man before reading this one but I will tell you that of these 3 books Wild Man was my fav and I say that because not only is Brock smoking hot but Tess is a fabulous heroine and totally loveable. Hope you enjoy the books :)

      Delete
  2. Do you mostly only for your website or you do that for any other Internet or offline networks?

    ReplyDelete