Thursday, June 13, 2013

It Had to be You (Lucky Harbor #8) Review

It Had to Be You by Jill Shalvis



Ali Winters is not having a good day. Her boyfriend left her, everyone in town thinks she's a thief, and now she's about to be kicked out of her home. Her only shot at keeping a roof over her head and clearing her name is to beg for help from a police detective who's as sexy as he is stern....

After a high-profile case goes wrong, Luke Hanover returns to his hometown for some peace and quiet. Instead he finds a bombshell brunette in a heap of trouble. As he helps Ali put her world back together, the pieces of Luke's own life finally seem to fall into place. Is this the start of a sizzling fling? Or are Luke and Ali on the brink of something big in a little town called Lucky Harbor?


I not only love this series... I'm IN love with it!  Jill Shalvis has created this perfect little town that I might be convinced to sell my first born to visit.  It comes packed with loyal locals, fun and quirky elders, and some S.M.O.K.I.N.G hot men.

Ali just can't catch a break.  The poor girl has been through more than I care to imagine in her life but instead of letting it bring her down, she stays positive and tries to make everything work out instead of just falling apart... like I would totally do.  She's brave, strong, extremely loyal, and most of all she's loving, kind, considerate, and compassionate.

She's exactly the kind of woman you want to see with a hero like Luke Hanover.

Broody, quiet, and sexy as sin... Luke is looking to be alone, spend some time alone, REST alone.  But Ali makes the word non-existent in Luke's vocabulary.  He doesn't want to care but he just can't help himself because she's exactly what he needs... in every way.  And he really does need her in more ways than he's willing to admit!

It Had to be You was an extremely cute story with just enough mystery to make your fingers itch to turn the pages quicker just to find out who did it.  Watching Ali and Luke become friends and then become more than friends was special in a way that not only had me giggling (constantly) but had me with one of those sweet "awe" type smiles constantly on my face.

Jill Shalvis has a knack for sucking my emotions right into her stories.. especially her Lucky Harbor series.   The books do not have to be read in order (I know from experience lol) but all of them are fun, light hearted, easy reads that I would recommend to ALL romance readers!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment