Friday, June 7, 2013

Tangled (Tangled #1) Review

Tangled by Emma Chase

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion-dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful, and ambitious. She refuses to let anything—or anyone—derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, and his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing in life he never wanted is the only thing he can’t live without.

I have to admit that I was a little on the hesitant side to read Tangled because I saw a ton of hype about it and for me... when I see a lot of hype about a book I usually have to put off reading it for a few months because for whatever reason my head expects more than I usually get.  So I put it off for about a week and then I got a text from a friend saying I needed to read it... and then I got a FB message saying I need to read it... and then I got a phone call asking me why the heck I hadn't read it yet.  So I was like... Okay, fine.  But if I'm disappointed I'm blaming y'all!  Well... I wasn't disappointed... like at all!

I seriously loved this book and I have to say what set it aside for me - was the POV... ALL Drew!  Quite frankly I had so much fun inside his head that I was bummed when he said it was time to go... because let's face it.. as a woman, the male mind really is fascinating... especially Drew's.  There were times when I felt like I was sitting in on a conversation between my husband and his friends, there were other times when I was laughing so hard because I could so see a man getting to that point of desperation, and then there were the times where (even though I didn't like what he was saying) I was getting complete male honesty.

But it was the quotes that got to me.  I always highlight a few while I read but I swear I highlighted half the book because things Drew thought or said made me laugh or made me think.. but the best quotes were when Kate was telling him exactly where he could shove his cocky attitude.  There is a woman who is my hero!

Tangled is definitely one to check out this summer!  It's steamy, it's hilarious, it's sweet, and best of all it has two power hunger characters who are absolutely perfect for each other!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment