Saturday, May 18, 2013

Caught Up In Us (Caught Up In Us #1) Review

Caught Up In Us by Lauren Blakely

A second chance at first love...Five years ago, Kat Harper fell into a dizzying summer romance with her brother's best friend Bryan. It was a mad, crazy love full of kisses all through the night -- but he broke her heart and she had to move on. Five years later, Kat is finishing her graduate degree and building her business as a jewelry designer, when Bryan, head of his own successful company, walks back into her life. Bryan has been assigned to Kat as her new business mentor and the rules are clear. No hanky panky permitted. Kat can handle that because she's totally over him... right? Except, he still makes her laugh, and he remembers all the things she likes. Not to mention that he's even more handsome now than he was then. Then there's the spark between them -- the simply undeniable chemistry, and the tender ways he shows he still cares for her. Can they resist each other the second time around or will first love trump all?



I love it when I come across a book that’s been sitting on my kindle for my months and I forgot I had it and then I finally found the time to read it!  For months I’ve looked at the cover of Caught Up In Us and wished I was the girl on the cover because lets face it… that dude is hot!  But I’m kind of bummed because I waited so freaking long to actually read the book… but then again I’m excited because not only is there another book in the series but there’s a third book coming out this month!!!!

I loved Kat!  Absolutely hands down loved her.  Her quick wit and determination made me want to be her when I grow up!  I also loved her easy forgiveness and the way she interacted with people as if she were this ray of sunshine that everyone wanted to see.  But really… it was her quick wit because y’all know how much I love a heroine with a sense of humor. 

Now Bryan took me a little longer.  I think I was more in lust with him until about 75% of the book because damn does that boy know how to initiate some intensely hot phone sex!  I mean… WOW!  The things that would come out of his mouth!   

Their story is sweet and while they have their battles to face… they can’t seem to overcome the overwhelmingly think chemistry between them.  And when you get to that point in the book… you know that climax that you’ve been waiting for… it’s like fireworks explode and you just can’t help but sigh at the beauty in it. 

I definitely recommend Caught Up In Us… and I definitely recommend Lauren Blakely and her amazing writing style!

Happy reading!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment