Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tear (Seaside #1) Review

Tear (A Seaside Novel) by Rachel Van Dyken

Life as a teenager is never easy. But for Natalee Murray, things have just gotten way more difficult. Bored with life, she can't wait to graduate high school and get out of town, especially considering the famous band members from AD2 suddenly start attending her school, making her once boring life, absolutely insane.

It starts with a pen. A single brush of fingers, and she is captivated.

But Alec and Demetri have a dark secret, one that could shatter their reputations and Natalee's heart. What do you do when one guy paints your life with color while the other infuses your soul with passion? How do you choose when your heart is divided?

*This is a New Adult/Mature YA. Minor swearing and drug usage.
So after reading The Bet... I had to run off to Amazon and do a little one-clicking and let's just say that, not only did my bank get a bit of a work out, but my eyes and my mind were seriously messed with... LOL.

Tear was a great read.  I loved it in a way that I normally wouldn't like this kind of story.  I'm not huge on love triangles and I'm really not big on boys who say they love you and then go do stupid (and I mean really stupid) stuff and expect you to forgive them.  But I couldn't for the life of me put this book down and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I knew in my heart who Natalee was supposed to be with, even if she didn't. 

It was more than a roller coaster ride but I definitely enjoyed every minute of watching Natalee make decisions about which boy to fall in love with.  And in all reality, even though they weren't meaning to, Alec and Demetri totally played some major games with Natalee's head.  Those boys have some serious issues they need to work out but even with their issues they're both still protective and loving towards Natalee in their own way.  

I don't normally handle real angsty stuff all that well because to me reading is all about the romance and falling in love and perfect men and all that gooey stuff that we all know doesn't really happen in real life... but that's what I like.  When I read books like Tear, where I'm constantly whispering no, no, no, or I have to put it down for five minutes because I'm so mad at one of the characters I want to strangle them, it's almost like a light bulb goes off in my head that says "Hey... after reading this, your husband is pretty darned perfect"... and considering he reminds me how awesome he is on a daily basis (he really is but I'll never admit it so Shhhh!) I don't want that reminder while I'm reading.  But even with all that said - I'd read Tear all over again and I'd definitely recommend reading it to my fellow book lovers!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment