Monday, May 27, 2013

The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window Review


Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.

There are always books that stick with me for one reason or another and let me tell you this book STUCK with me!  I had numerous friends recommend this read to me months ago and of course I took my merry time starting it... but once I did... I just couldn't put it down.  The love between the hero and heroine is so touching!  I saw at least 2 of my goodreads friends who read it and said "This reminds me of why I love reading so much"  Or something along those lines... and you know what?  They're so right.  The storyline and how the hero and heroine fall in love... is like a reminder of why romance novels are so addicting.  It was sweet, it was pure, and as my friends said on GR it reminded me of why I love reading.

Amber is one of those heroines that I love!  Sure she has her problems and there were times I wanted to smack her but in all reality the girl was strong!  Especially considering all she had been through in her short life... she was strong!  But she was also funny, sassy, smart, loving, and loyal.  Some people may think her dependence on Liam is a little crazy but I got it.  I got it because we all need that someone we can turn to with anything.  Liam just happened to be that someone for her... for years and that beautiful comfort he offered her grew into something even more beautiful.

Liam.... *big sigh*... Words can't even describe how I feel about that boy!  He was everything every girl hopes for when she wishes for the love of her life.  As usual there were times I wanted to smack him... but that was only in the first few chapters of the book but after that... it seemed like my love for him grew more and more with each chapter.  When the reasoning behind Liam's nickname for Amber is revealed... I swear I not only swooned but I had tears in my eyes... Talk about sweet!  And the way he comforts Amber when she's having a panic attack?  Even sweeter!

I LOVED this book... seriously loved it so much that I have even already reread it.   And this author has got one special story here... BUT I have to address this because it's something that bothers the heck out of me with any book!  When an author is writing a book that takes place in the US, I feel that it is IMPERATIVE that they use American/English Slang, American/English spelling, and most importantly that they check their facts about US law.  Most of the time I can overlook small things here and there but it's very hard to overlook things throughout an entire book because they become distracting. 

With that said I STILL recommend The Boy who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window!  It's definitely one that will be on my reread list!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment