Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor #1) Review

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis


Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.
In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother--a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.
Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career--if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.
The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes--and mouth--are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.

There is absolutely no other way for me to put this.... I. Love. Jill. Shalvis. Seriously!  I love her.  I have yet to read one of her books that I didn't fall madly in love with and even though I've read the Lucky Harbor series completely out of order... I still love every book!  Now I have to say that Forever and a Day is still my favorite LH book... I will definitely admit (with a big smile on my face) that Simply Irresistible comes in second... so closely at second that the two books are almost tied.

Maddie is my favorite kind of heroine.  She's sweet, she's smart, she's funny, she's loyal, and best of all... you get to watch her grow as a woman.  Her confidence, her strength, her determination... she grasps them and she becomes this woman that I admire!

Then of course there's Jax... no romance novel would be complete without a gorgeous hero that has a sweet way with words who can make a woman melt in her shoes and also help boost her confidence.  He too is extremely loyal, and sweet, and absolutely adorable.  But even though he sees what he wants in Maddie... he's got some things to overcome before they can actually become a 'them'.

I seriously can't recommend this series enough... y'all know that I have my list of authors that are automatic one-clicks and there is no doubt that Jill Shalvis is right up there with them... I'm looking forward to reading more of the Lucky Harbor series as well as taking a little peek at some of her other series ;)

 Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment