Thursday, November 13, 2014

Weekly Reads 11/3 - 11/9

 
Have you ever felt like there was so much crazy going on around you that you just can't seem to function properly?  And it doesn't even really involve you?  Well maybe a little bit does but 99% of it is other people?  





This is apparently my life at the moment and since I'm in such an incredibly talkative mood... I figured I'd share it with y'all before moving into the disappointment that was my reading list last week.  (Don't mind the sarcasm... I've been very sassy lately, or so my husband tells me.)

Enjoy....

 



The crap that I don't want to think about that's happening right here in St. Louis...



 




 dealing with family members issues.....




 



3rd grade homework (that right there is enough to drive anyone up the wall)....



 
 

and best of all.... getting blamed for another persons crazy!  




You'd think with all that crazy, I'd be able to easily get lost in a good book... apparently not because all that crazy just keeps cycling through my head... repeatedly.


 
On to the important stuff... My Reads for last week. 

I have to be honest and say... I was a bit disappointed by everything I seemed to pick up.  I know in my last post I mentioned that I was excited to read the next book in a few series... and I am... but, because I get burnt out so easily, I like to take breathers in between series (and by breathers I mean, I sometimes wait a whole month before moving onto the next book.).  I have a reason for this... it probably makes no sense to anyone but me so even though you're probably thinking "Well.... what is it?"  I'm not going to share... because if I did you'd probably think...

Anyway... I picked up so many different books that looked fantastic.  They got amazing reviews... and they were either free or super cheap.  So, I did a bunch of one-clicking.
 Well... needless to say... I just didn't enjoy any of it. I'm not saying there weren't some decent ones on that list... ones I even tried reading... I'm just saying my brain was so exhausted from everything else it only seemed to want off the wall fantasy or something that would grab me within the first 3 pages. 
Soooo.... here is what I managed to finish last week.  No laughing either because a little shifter love (okay so maybe 2 or 3 shifters at a time) could seriously do anyone some good.  Don't worry non-shifter lovers.. there may be 1 or 2 books listed below that are NOT paranormal and only focus on a traditional couple ;) 

*Caution*




Every Night Forever by R.E. Butler


I'll be honest... I wasn't too sure about the Hyena thing apparently being better than werewolves, but... it seemed to work okay.  As long as I pictured the Stone Brothers looking more like dogs or coyotes instead of actual hyenas... because hyenas just aren't cute, at least in my opinion. 

BUT... This really was a decent read.  As long as you like a little shifter love that has more than just 1 sexy shifter.  

Alyssa and all 3 Stone Brothers really did grab my attention.  Nothing too terribly drastic happened but I will say that this book was pretty hot.... and hot in a way where the heroes took their time with the heroine.

I'm not necessarily recommending this one... but I'm not saying pass on it either.  Just go in remembering that this book is a menage a tois.



Girl's Night Out (Bad Boys #4) by Susan Arden


I am questioning myself on why I'm putting this one on the list since I did start getting bored around the 60% mark... but then again what I did read (and actually pay attention to) is typically something I would thoroughly enjoy but my mind just wasn't in it... so we'll go with that.

The characters were extremely well built and enjoyable.  The romance aspect was a tad on the insta-love aspect... but then again that's something I don't typically mind.  But the best part of all was... even though this is the 4th book in the series, you really don't need to read the first 3. 

I'm going to go ahead and recommend this one... including recommend rereading it myself when my mind is back in the normal way of thinking. ;)  


Twin Alphas: Claimed by Georgette St. Clair


See?  I'm all about the complete fantasy right now:  hot shifters, another dimension, menage a tois.
I know a few of my friends who will read this and shake their heads while saying "Lori and her shifters".  

But.. I really liked this one... like really liked it.  It was a short read, with some smokin' hot twins that not only turn into protective wolves but... they are into women with curves.  I know the whole BBW isn't for everyone and it's not necessarily for me either unless it's written where the heroine is curvy and not "fat".  And that blurb had me second guessing the one-click button because the word chubby is used... but it was written exactly how I like my curvy heroines! 

I'd recommend this one to any of my fellow readers who like a good menage a tois with some hot shifters thrown in. 

 
That's all I actually read... start to finish... last week.  So sad too, because I normally read about a book a day.  *Here is to praying my reading focus will return soon*  

Well... Okay, those of you that I'm friends with on FB probably saw my post last week and are still wondering what book it was about.  And for those of you who I'm not friends with or who didn't see it....


 I did read this one other book that is absolutely fantastic.  BUT... I can't tell you what it was or even who it's by because it's not out yet... and I think she's hoping for a spring release (but I'm not quite sure). 
I will say this though... it was fantastic.  So fantastic when I read the last sentence and then saw The End.. I actually said (out loud, to my kindle, at 2am) That Bitch! 
Just wait... when the time comes (or I should say when the book releases) I'll make sure to tell y'all about it. 

So that really is it... Unless you want to know what I'm reading right now... at this very moment...
and even if you don't I'm going to share anyway... because I am really enjoying it so far and even though I'll tell you exactly how I felt about it next week... I'd still like to share a little bit now... because so far... it's that good. 

A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men #1) by Nancy Haviland


I may only be 27% in... but Gabriel is so deliciously alpha.  

Check this one out and if you finish before next wednesday.. shoot me an email at Lorisbookblog@gmail.com and tell me what you thought and we'll talk... You may just end up featured on the review for this book next week ;) 

Happy Reading Friends!  I hope you all have a fantastic week!










No comments:

Post a Comment