Friday, October 5, 2012

Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy #1) Review


Colters' Woman by Maya Banks

Book description...
Holly Bardwell is running from her past mistakes. Straight into the arms of the Colter brothers.
Adam, Ethan and Ryan aren’t looking for women. They’re looking for a woman. One woman they know will share their lives and their beds. They’re losing hope they’ll find her, that is until Adam discovers Holly lying in the snow just yards from their cabin.
Adam knows she’s the one the minute he holds her in his arms, and as soon as his brothers see her, they know it too. The only problem is convincing Holly of that fact—and protecting her from the danger of her past.
This book has been re-edited and revised. Includes an expanded ending and a new, never-before published short story sequel.

Warning: This title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, ménage a quatre, violence
 

Normally I review books that are more contemporary romance but after a conversation with my husband and a kind of book drought I though what a great opportunity for me to talk about one of my favorite smut books!  So here is a big thanks to my hubby and his pervy self....
Hubs: "What are you reading right now?"
Me: "Well I just finished this book about a cowboy... it was kind of boring."
Hubs: "Was it dirty?"
Me: "No, but I did reread this one book that has some pretty dirty stuff in it"
Hubs: "Did you now?"
Me: "Yep, but I don't know what you would think about it though"
Hubs: "Tell me about it."
Me: "How about I read it to you"
So that's what I did, I read the first sex scene in Colters' Woman to my husband after I had made a joke about it kind of being like a round of musical body parts or a Chinese fire drill.  And here was his reaction...
Me: "What did you think?"
Hubs: "*Insert bad word here* baby, that was hot!"
Me: "I know right?"
Hubs "From now on you're reading me a story from your books before bed"
So there you go... he will probably be mad at me once he realizes that I shared part of our conversation with you all but it was one of those things that I just couldn't keep to myself.  Granted he still doesn't understand my obsession with reading but hey at least he's taking a new liking to it right?

In all reality I really do love this book.  Maya Banks has done a fantastic job of building up these characters and telling their story.  Obviously it's not all realistic, or well I guess it could be, but it's fun to read.  It kept me on my toes, it made me fall for Adam, Ethan, and Ryan, and it left me asking myself if I wanted to continue on with the series.  It's definitely a good read if you're looking for something to get you all hot and bothered or possibly looking for something to read to your significant other!

Happy Reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment