Sunday, October 21, 2012

Saving Grace (Mad World #2) Review


Saving Grace (Mad World) by Christine Zolendz

Book description...
After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out… 

First of all I have to give Christine Zolendz a big huge thanks and send some hugs her way because she totally surprised me by sending me a copy of Saving Grace... and then I was blindsided again when I saw that she had mentioned me in the acknowledgements.  Thank you Christine, you're so sweet and I am still speechless over your kind words!

I have to say that I was extremely happy with this book... well okay maybe not at first and before you take that the wrong way let me tell you why... I honestly thought that based on the ending of Fall From Grace that Shane and Grace would have their stuff together and would be this adorable happy couple... but they weren't.  Actually they didn't seem to get along all that well and it wasn't for Grace's lack of trying.  This is the third book I have read in the past few weeks where even though the hero should have had me mad beyond belief, I was still pulling for him because the author did such an amazing job at painting these realistic pictures that pulled at my heart.

Shane and Grace have been through so much and we learn at the end of Fall from Grace that they've been through more for each other than we may have originally thought.... perfect set up for an amazing reunion?  You'd think so... but Christine took it another way.  Shane and Grace both had to see each other and themselves in certain situations before they realized they no matter how hard they tried to stay away from each other... they were ultimately destined to be together!  And when they finally come together for real?  Talk about fire works!!!!  The chemistry between these two is as thick as ever...

These two broken souls will pull at your heart and have you rooting for them to finally have the long awaited talk and get everything situated so they can finally be together... instead of the back and forth and then the what exactly are they phases.  All I can say is Saving Grace definitely has me wanting inside Shane's head even more... I know you're a busy woman Christine but you've made me more anxious!  Any idea of when Shane's POV may come out???

There are so many things worth mentioning in this book but there is one thing that caught my attention to the point that I told my husband about it and then said "We are so playing that game at the next family function."  You'll understand when you get there but if you happen to be related to me and at the next family function where I decide it's time to play this amazing game... It's called "Oh Dear" and with a family like mine... it should be quite fun!!

Happy Reading!
 

2 comments:

  1. I really really loved fall from grace, but a few so-so reviews of saving grace put me off. Think I'll re-read book 1 and fall in love with Shane and Grace all over again, that might give me the enthusiasm to get through the frustration of the 'why aren't they together already?!?!' moments!

    ReplyDelete