Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reflected In You (Crossfire #2) Review


Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day

Book description...
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.
My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...



Gideon... my edgy bad boy... what have you done to me?  Seriously... like Eva I have become so addicted to this man that I actually lectured myself.  One minute he had me sighing at his sweet words and the next he had me so angry I wanted Eva to find herself a better man... I'm not normally like that but that is how engrossed in Eva's life I have become.  In all seriousness... I still think Gideon has some explaining to do.  Yes, I do get why he did what he did, but there are things that happened that I feel he should explain.

I seriously have a girl crush on Eva... her strength and determination amazes me, especially after all she's been through.  Her past is revealed in Bared to You... it's heartbreaking and yet she is this amazing woman who shines.... yes, she has issues, yes, she struggles with emotional attachments, and her biggest problem is her struggle with trust... after what she went through, it really is to be expected.  But I also got some pretty amazing unexpected surprises...especially when it came to Eva in this book.... she's grown even more, she's matured, she's fighting for what she wants instead of running!  She takes a chance and puts some faith and trust in Gideon. 

As usual, Sylvia has written a book that I could not put down.  She's got me anxious for more, I'm desperate to find out what will happen next for Gideon and Eva... will they be put through anymore?  Can these two even handle anymore?  Their relationship is still so fragile yet their love for one another is so strong, so powerful that it's heartbreaking to watch them at times because you can see both of them struggle to be together, to unconditionally love one another, to trust!

Here is to hoping that any and all questions will be answered in Entwined with You which sadly is now scheduled to release May 6, 2013 instead of December of this year.  But I know in my heart the wait will be worth it... Gideon and Eva are worth it because if anyone deserves an amazing and beautiful happily ever after... it's definitely these two!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment