Thursday, October 18, 2012

Protecting Truth (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy #2) Review


Protecting Truth (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy) by Michelle Warren

Book description...
Seraphina’s keeping a secret from her Wandering team: she’s perfecting her fighting skills. But telling Sam and Bishop the truth would only alert them to her plan: to go back in time, save her mom, and finish what she started. With the help of Turner, Bishop’s handsome twin, she progresses toward her goal but plummets deeper into dangerous territory where the lines of friendship and romance are blurred. One passionate kiss changes everything, leading Sera to unravel a shocking web of family secrets, heartbreaking ulterior motives, and sinister agendas. Love and lies collide in a haunting climax, where the truest souls may not survive.

First of all big thanks to the amazing Michelle Warren for sending me an ARC of Protecting Truth.  As I've said before, her writing style is flawless and she has this amazing ability to paint a picture so vivid I feel as if I'm actually in the book.  Plus, her characters rock!

Sera who I absolutely loved in Wander Dust, has without a doubt captured my heart again.  Only this time for different reasons.  She's definitely got her reasons for doing things the way she does them and quite frankly she wouldn't have learned half of what she did had she not.  She's grown so much since Wander Dust... BUT...she is still stubborn enough not to ask for the help she desperately needs... with the exception of Turner.  

She doesn't mind asking Turner for his help when it comes to learning how to fight... but then again, I wouldn't mind asking Turner for help either.  Especially considering at one point I couldn't decide between sweet, adorable Bishop and his hot, bad boy twin brother Turner.   But things are not always as they seem and I have to admit I felt for Sera when it came to her feelings for both boys.  There was a connection... a connection that was hard for her to fight... and when she learns why there was a connection she's crushed.  

Protecting Truth is a wonderful addition to The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy and I absolutely can not wait to see what Michelle has in store next for the beautiful and passionate Sera.  I hope all my questions get answered and I hope that Sera gets the happy ending she's been searching for!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment