Saturday, October 13, 2012

While It Lasts (Sea Breeze #3) Review


While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Book descripton...
Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it.
Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?
Eva Brooks planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbor, had been the center of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible.
Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows.
Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips.
 

So I'm sitting here on the phone with Sam telling her that I need to write my review for While It Lasts because... well, there is just so much I need to say about Cage and his dirty mouth that I know there is no way I can sit here and not tell everyone exactly how hot he is!!!  

So instead of writing a typical review I'm going to do something a little different here and tell you the conversation Sam and I had regarding this book. 
Lori: "So I read While It Lasts.  I absolutely loved Cage."
Sam: "He's delicious on a stick."
Lori: "Why Yes, yes he is.  I still haven't read Because of Low yet though."
Sam: "Why not?"
Lori: "Okay so don't laugh at me but it's because in Breathe, Marcus comes off as the sweet guy just waiting for a girl to come walk all over him so I'm afraid to read it because of that."
Sam: "He is really sweet and he was willing to do whatever it took to get her but he is not a sissy boy."
Lori: "Are you telling me I need to read this then?  Am I going to love Marcus as much as I love Cage?"
Sam: "Yes, you need to read it.  But no, Cage is untouchable.  He's like the godfather of Sea Breeze."
Lori: "Mmm, untouchable?  I'd really like to touch him though!"
Sam: "Well, that can be arranged.  We can kidnap Eva, throw her in the trunk, and have our naughty way with Cage."
Lori: "Now you're talking, but when I was reading While It Lasts there was no Eva... there was a Lori..."
Sam: "Oh yeah, but there wasn't a Lori in my version. There was a Sam."
Lori: "So I think it's pretty obvious that Cage and his dirty mouth totally do it for us... right?"
  Sam: "That chick from Orbitz can keep her gum to herself because we like Cage's dirty mouth and don't want to clean it up"
Lori: "Heck yeah we like his dirty mouth... I know exactly where he can put it too...."
Sam: "Oooo, you're a naughty girl, I need to find a naughty girl song for you for our road trip."
Lori: "Oh I like that idea... are you going to sing it to me?"
Sam: "No I figured I'd let Samantha Fox sing it to you, because if I do your ears will bleed."
Lori: "Okay we need to get back to Cage before we get real off topic here and start talking about all the shenanigans we'll be up to in September"
Sam: "Right.  So Cage?  There's nothing really wrong with his man whoringness unless he gives you a raging case of herpes or chlamydia"
Lori: "Yeah that could be bad.... I'd prefer to stay away from any STD's but there is seriously something sexy about Cage I just can't get out of my head.  Would it be too crass if I asked for his health records before jumping into bed with him?"
Sam: "No, not at all."
Lori: "Does this mean if it comes back clean I can ask him if he wants to go raw?"
Sam: "I can't believe you just said that.  You are too funny."
Lori: "Ohmigod, I am such a slut"
Sam: "You are a slut."
Lori: "See? Even you agree with me and you're the naughty librarian"
Sam:"Right. Now back to the book."
Lori: "Right... you mean like the fact that I just want to snuggle him close and take away all his worries because he has zero confidence when it comes to a person wanting him for him?"
Sam: "Right.  And I think we have to talk about that dumb girl too.. I mean Eva/Lori/Sam"
 Lori: "Yeah, I guess we do."
Sam: "I think it was tragic what happened to her fiance'.  I think it was well done how Abbi did the prologue with the letter"
Lori: "Oh yes, the prologue, broke my heart.  I understood where Eva was coming from but at the same time I just did not understand how she was able to resist Cage as long as she did."
Sam: "Yeah, he is pretty succulent."
Lori: "That he is my little buttercup!"
So it's quite clear that Sam and I both LOVED Cage... kind of with a bit of a sick obsession but.. hey, it's all good right?  And take a look at that photo up there, the Cage York visual... We have learned over the past few months that Author Tina Reber is a goddess at finding pictures of characters, so a big Thank You to Tina for posting that... yummy eye candy!!!

While you're at it... check out the Book Trailer for While It Lasts... I have to say this is an amazing trailer that had me anxious to start the book!!!


While It Lasts by Abbi Glines was a great read... honestly it is my favorite of all of her books!  I was emotionally attached to the characters and obviously fell head over heels for Cage... but then again I'm a sucker for those untamable bad boys that find themselves wanting to change their ways and settle down for the right girl.  This is a must read this year!!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment