Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Own the Wind (Chaos #1) Review

Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley
Too hot to handle...

Tabitha Allen grew up in the thick of Chaos--the Chaos Motorcycle Club, that is. Her father is Chaos' leader, and the club has always had her back. But one rider was different from the start. When Tabby was running wild, Shy Cage was there. When tragedy tore her life apart, he helped her piece it back together. And now, Tabby's thinking about much more than friendship...

Tabby is everything Shy's ever wanted, but everything he thinks he can't have. She's beautiful, smart, and as his friend's daughter, untouchable. Shy never expected more than friendship, so when Tabby indicates she wants more--much more--he feels like the luckiest man alive. But even lucky men can crash and burn..

What this woman does to me.... I know it's been a while since I've gotten the opportunity to profess my undying love for the amazing Kristen Ashely and there is no doubt that I have some serious love for that woman.  She knows exactly what to give me and I can not get enough of her writing, or her men, or her stories.  I know a lot of people were worried that now she's published she may lose that KA touch but I'll have to say.. she didn't.  Sure there are some editing improvements but her actual writing style and characters are still TOTALLY Kristen Ashley!

Normally I talk about the characters and my feeling for them individually but I want to do something a little different here because lets face it Own the Wind had a little bit of a different feel to it and there is one major key to that different feel... The drama between the Hero and Heroine happened at the beginning of the book.  Sure they had their typical relationship issues but there wasn't any of that I'm not good enough for him, he's going to leave me and break my heart, I'm going to play hard to get... stuff throughout the book.  Once everything was worked out and they were "together"... they were together in a way that it was clear as day that Tabby and Shy had each others back no matter what the cost.  I totally dug that.  Because it's not something you see very often, especially in a KA book... because lets face it, sometimes the best parts of a KA book are all about the chase and then those feelings that are finally confessed.  Only this time we got it earlier than usual and the focus was more on their relationship growing and the other drama that was going on.

So here is me giving the beautiful and amazing Kristen Ashley a standing ovation!  Which clearly means... I can't wait for more Chaos.  I'm actually excited for anything KA and I really hope that she goes down this same road again because it was seriously refreshing not to feel the need to constantly roll my eyes at the heroine until she finally got it.

As with any Kristen Ashley book... It's a definite on my recommend list!

 Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment