Monday, February 6, 2012

Rock Chick Rescue (R.C. #2) Review


Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley is like digging into your favorite treat....having that O.M.G. this is awesome moment and then disappointment when you realize it's all gone.

Book description......
Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention, Eddie's just, plain hot). Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie's interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie's a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet's used to solving everyone's problems, she doesn't want Eddie's help. Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet's ne'er-do-well father, his ne'er-do-well friend, Bear, Bear's long-suffering, chain-smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you've got Rock Chick Rescue. Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel shop, hit Denver's backstreet poker tables (with big hair), and help the strippers at Smithie's take down a would-be murderer. Through this, Jet's got to learn that, even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy. Eddie's got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.

I started RC Rescue thinking there was no way it could compare to Rock Chick but boy was I wrong.  It was awesome and as much as I absolutely LOVE Lee and Indy I have to say that RC Rescue was just a tad better.  We still get to see our amazing characters from Rock Chick but we're also introduced to more A-MAZ-ING secondary characters that seriously are fantastic....so fantastic I wish they were real....hmmmm maybe they are and I just need to move to Denver and get myself a little job at Fortnum's?

Okay so.... Jet ....I ♥ Jet, she was that girl next door type who thought she was boring and ordinary but in all reality is that girl that has so much heart and so much love to give it's almost like she's got a big ole heart on her belly with a rainbow shooting out....crap that's a care bear.....but you know what I mean.  Jet is the backbone of her family.  She's the one they all turn to when something is wrong or she just steps up before even being asked.  Only this time the trouble her Dad is in and turning to her for help about is not the kind of trouble Jet can fix.  So in steps our ultra sexy Eddie Chavez.... Jet has had a crush.....no, not even a crush, the girl's been in love with him since she saw him ;) but anyway, she thinks he's out of her league so she tries everything she can to avoid him but Eddie has his eye on Jet and is determined to learn ALL about 'Just Jet'.

Eddie....sweet Jesus I actually got flutters when reading about him.  It seems like he freaking wrote the book on how to flirt....O.M.G. he flirts so good it's like he's already gotten in your pants and fled the scene...not to mention he's the definition of sex-in-cowboy-boots.... sorry I'm okay now.....and guess who comes with Eddie????....Lee and his boys....mmmmm... 'The Hot Bunch'.  Anyway....Eddie gets Jet cornered makes his intentions quite clear
"I've been tryin' to get your attention for months but you're so busy and exhausted and whatever the hell else you are, it hasn't worked.  So I'll say, straight out, so there's no confusion.  I want to spend time with you, I want to get to know you and I want to sleep with you and it doesn't have to be in that order."
Ummm...WOW....Even after saying this Jet still has it in her head that she needs to get away from him because he has heartbreak written all over him and she still thinks he's out of her league.....Seriously the girl is crazy because if Eddie Chavez gave me even a little hint of a look, I'd.....oh never mind.  Fortunately, Eddie is one determined man and plans on making his play to wear Jet down.  Funny thing...well not funny about the bad stuff but still.... is Jet has bad guys pulling knives and guns on her, guys kidnapping her for 'chats' about her Dad, and one really bad guy threatening to do very bad things to her.....so in all reality it's like fate is just throwing her into Eddies willing and waiting arms ;)

Jet starts to open up to Eddie....well only because he's very persistent... but she confesses that she can't let go, can't let the tears flow and let someone help her out in any way because no one will be there to catch her
"Everyone's got their hands out waitin' for you to take one.  Carina, you gotta learn when to take someone's hand before you fall."
I have to say it broke my heart that Jet felt that way but at the same time I got it.  She didn't want to ask for help because it's easier to just do it yourself but then you don't realize how deep you've gotten until you can't see the surface anymore and at that point don't know how to ask for help. Fortunately Jet doesn't need to ask, she's got some awesome people in her life that plan on taking care of her whether she wants it or not.....I get that too (big hugs to my Girls ♥ ).

So some stuff goes down with Jet which makes Eddie pull the g-word card.....gasp....he called her his girlfriend and made it known to the Denver world that Jet is branded.  But Jet....silly girl....keeps her guard up....way up and keeps trying to tell Eddie that things aren't going to work out.  I mean seriously what is wrong with her....if I wasn't happily married Eddie could do a fly by on me and I'd be good....but he wants to see where things go with her and she....doesn't????  O.M.G.  get your head in the game sister, you have got a smokin' hot Denver Cop that wants to not only give you the business but get to know you too!  He even tells her in so many words what he would do for her to make her cookies for him all the time
"Trixie was wrong, Chocolate sheet cake bought you protection.  Make these for me and I'll put a ring on your finger."
Jeez....I'm thinking Jet needs another Eddie 'chat'......OMG the Eddie 'chats'....I swear if my husband wanted to chat with me the way Eddie has his 'chats' I would do whatever he told me too....which would be huge for him considering I'm always doing the opposite of what he wants :)

Even though Eddie has pretty much done everything but cuff Jet to the bed.....sorry had a little mental image I didn't want to let go of..... she still goes off trying to find her Dad and finds quite a bit of trouble a long the way with the Rock Chicks at her back.  The Rock Chicks are freakin awesome.....those girls know how to have fun even if it comes with cat fights and stun guns!

This quote is just something I have to share
"I was used to dreaming of Eddie, I hadn't dreamt of Hank yet.  Dreaming of Hank and Eddie was probably not a good thing."
Is she crazy???  That would be a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC dream and and even better than a good thing....just sayin'
So once all of Jet's troubles are sorted she tries the whole breaking up with Eddie thing....again....and again Eddie gives Jet one of his 'chats'.  When that doesn't seem to penetrate....OMG I just realized the coincidence of that word LOL.....they have an actual talk, Jet confesses her feelings for him thinking this will push him away but boy is she wrong....so he lays it out for her....again
"Jet, I don't know what's gonna happen and I can't promise anything but I do know I don't want this to end.  What we have is good, it's so fuckin' good, it's great."
Rock Chick Rescue was awesome.  I loved Jet and Eddie's story, I connected with them, and as usual with Kristen's books I was consumed by them.  I don't know what it is about endearments in a foreign language but good Lord I was a sucker for all those Spanish endearments Eddie was giving Jet....funny thing is I only know French so I had to look over half of them up lol.... I absolutely loved this book, everything about it and plus some.  The characters are so well built that they seem real it's like you're actually watching everything that's going on.  The secondary characters are just as awesome and I have to admit I want to meet Daisy, I ♥ her and her big hair and denim!!!  Rock Chick Rescue is a definite read....it's funny, it's emotional, it's romantic in it's own kind of way, and has lots of action....*cough* both kinds that is ;).  Rock Chick is one series you will not be disappointed in so make sure you check it out!!!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ok now I have to read it because I am dying to know what an Eddie 'chat' is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the endearments too but didn't have to look them up LOL. I am so glad I bookmarked your blog! I think I enjoyed reading your review of Rock Chick Rescue almost as much as reading the book. You are too funny Chickie.

    ReplyDelete