Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Easy Review




Easy by Tammara Webber

Book description....
A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion.
A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal.
Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex's frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she's still the same intelligent girl she's always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There's just one problem--their only interactions are through email.
Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees--hoping for more.
Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they've hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

Okay so I have to say that I was excited for Tammara with the release of this book but I wasn't able to get it up on my TBR list until last night for a few different reasons.... My girls had read it and gave me a little warning about something they knew I should be prepared for because that something could potentially be hard for me to read... so thank you my lovelies.... So with that said I knew that I had to turn to some books that wouldn't have anything too emotional for me... BUT, I really wish I would have read this book sooner.  Don't get me wrong it was emotional and there were some tough situations that were quite emotional but the entire story... and I mean the entire story is so beautifully written that I couldn't help but physically feel the love between these characters... and I do mean I actually felt it!  So big Congrats to Tammara for writing such a beautiful story that has me still wishing I had more time with those beautiful characters.

Jacqueline is absolutely beautiful... yes, she is physically beautiful but that is so not what I'm referring to here... she has got such a beautiful mind and heart that there was no way that I couldn't love her.  After following her boyfriend to college, he breaks up with her... after 3 years he decides he wants to sow his oats... total douche.... but I have to say that with a name like his and the way he acts... he totally did not even deserve her to give him a shot, let alone three years of her life.  So anyway, her best friend and room mate, Erin, finally get her out of the dorm room and to a party at a frat house where Jacqueline runs into a little trouble...  but then she rescued by Lucas...
"Holy fuckburgers.  Who was that hot guy?"
Well, my fellow book lovers... that hot guy is Lucas.  I had to put that quote in here, which is said by Jacqueline's best friend Erin... cause quite frankly when I read it I not only LOL'd but I mentally stored fuckburgers into my vocabulary... I know, I'm goofy!  Anyway, Lucas is absolutely amazing... his looks portray a total bad boy.... tattoos, lip piercing, longish hair that falls into his beautiful eyes... but he's quiet and reserved.... which in all honesty made him even hotter to me.  It made me want to pull away all the layers that are Lucas so I can find what lays at his heart and take care of it forever... which is exactly what Jacqueline sets out to do... and even though it's a tough road to get there and a tough story to hear... when she finally gets to the heart of him, she finds herself a man that will cherish her love every day for the rest of his life.

Okay so as usual, I'm going to give you my little speech on how there is so much I would LOVE to discuss about this book... BUT.... if I give you anymore info I'll be giving away important parts of the book that you just have to read for yourself.  And as much as I hate to admit that... it's true.  There really isn't a whole lot I can get into with this book without giving away spoilers.  Yes, I love myself a good spoiler in a book but these are just too good.... granted one of them I kind of figured out for myself pretty early on but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will and it's just too good.. too cute...too sweet for me to expose it.  

But I will tell you this.... there is one part of the book where Jacqueline visits Erin's sorority house to sit in on a very important meeting..... while reading this entire scene I was very hesitant to take a guess on where everything would head and I'll keep my mouth shut on the outcome but I have to say that one character totally touched my heart with the speech she gave... I wish... from the bottom of my heart that more girls would speak up that way!  

Then there are the encouraging words from Tammara herself at the end of the book.... awesome words of encouragement and I am here to tell you that I stand behind Tammara 100%.... To all girls out there, if you are assaulted in ANY WAY... speak up, tell your parents, a friend, a counselor, someone.. anyone who can be there for you... and help you not only to deal with what happened but to also help you report it to the police who can do something about it.  Keeping something like that bottled up inside is not healthy... and trust me on this because when I say that, I speak from experience.

Easy by Tammara Webber was an absolutely amazing book.... it was beautiful, heartbreaking, emotional, and entirely consuming.  Tammara has got a beautiful writing style that gives you everything you need to wrap yourself up in a story that, if you're anything like me, will leave you smiling dreamily at your ereader when you finish and also feeling a little on the sad side that your time with Lucas and Jacqueline is over.  I truly hope that you enjoy this book even half as much as I did... because I have to say that Easy is definitely going on my reread list... because loving these characters is just that... Easy!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment