Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Forgotten Sins Review

Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti


His Secrets Can Destroy Her

From the moment Josie laid eyes on sexy, mysterious Shane Dean, she was in love. Their desire ignited a passionate affair, and within weeks, Shane had slipped a ring on her finger. It seemed her every fantasy was coming true . . . until her new husband disappeared without a trace. Now, two years and one broken heart later, Josie is shocked when the hospital calls: Shane has been found . . . at a crime scene with no memory of how he got there.

Her Love Can Save Him


Shane can't remember the blue-eyed angel at his bedside-or who he even is-but he knows something isn't right. His hearing is razor sharp, his physical strength incredible, and the urge to protect Josie overwhelming. For powerful enemies are hunting him, and Josie is the key to discovering why. As Shane struggles to unravel his past, dangerous new truths come to light. Can he protect the only woman he's ever loved? And can Josie trust a man she thought she knew-one who carries such a deadly secret? 

To me there is nothing better than finding a fantastic Romantic Suspense novel that pulls me in so deep that I'm literally begging for more seconds after I've read the last word.... THAT is exactly what I found with Rebecca Zanetti's Forgotten Sins.  It had was the perfect combination of everything I love in a good book... A sweet romance, extreme suspense, edge of your seat drama, and two characters you just can't help but fall in love with. 

I've gone on and on about how much I love a strong heroine in past reviews and I'm afraid I have to go on and on about it again with Josie.  Not only was she a strong female, she was more.  A survivor, loyal to a fault, kind, loving, and knew how to protect herself.  There wasn't anything to dislike about her and quite frankly it's very rare for me to admit that... out loud.  A few of the things that usually bug me about heroines in other books were present in Forgotten Sins but Josie had excellent reasons on WHY she made the choices she made.... and a lot of that is because Rebecca had me so far inside Josie's head that I actually felt as if I were a part of her - Shh... don't tell my husband I actually typed that out otherwise I'll get the whole "you do realize it's a book right Lori?" speech... lol.

When it comes to finding a new book boyfriend to spend some quality time with, I'm really not all that hard to please... I guess I'm pretty easy (no pun intended).  But dear sweet heaven there was so much to fall in love with when it came to Shane.  Learning all there is to know about a man who lives a very dangerous life, while he relearned it... was exciting and pretty refreshing all at the same time.  His loyalty to his wife and his brothers was real and it made me love him that much more.  But it was his sweetness towards Josie... that he really didn't seem to want to recognize... that had me handing my heart over and adding, yet another fictional character to my very long list of book boyfriends!

It doesn't happen all that often but Rebecca Zanetti told me and entire story that I not only pictured completely, but that I felt a part of.  Her writing style and her creative way with words had my head in so deep that I felt every emotion that a reader is possibly meant to experience while reading Forgotten Sins.  It's definitely a book I recommend to my fellow Romantic Suspense book lovers... actually it's a book I definitely recommend to all my book lovers... because we all know there is nothing like falling in love with your true love all over again!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment