Sunday, May 20, 2012

Unforgivable (Untouchable #2) Review

Unforgivable (Untouchable) by Lindsay Delagair

Book description...
  Annalisa believes she finally has a chance to share forever with Micah, but her fear that something will destroy their happiness grows stronger every day. He changed everything to be with her, leaving his horrible past far behind as they begin to see a bright and beautiful future together. Unfortunately, someone in the mob isn't willing to let go of their best hit man.
The second book in the Untouchable trilogy takes you on a journey of love, passion, sacrifice, heartbreak, and hope. She touched his heart, but what happens next should be…Unforgivable.

Okay so just a fair warning my girls and their awesome opinions will be joining me... again... in this review.  I've got a few texts and some Facebook comments that, well... I just have to share.  Now it may come off as kind of bitchy and even a tad crass.... but quite frankly they're so flipping funny and honest that I have to share them with you.

So... at the end of Untouchable, Micah comes back for Leese and pops the question.  Super sweet... right?  Well.... as much as I LOVE super sweet I can't help but feel like for the first 21% of Unforgivable Micah was.... broke.... he lost his edge.  Here is conversation number 1 via Facebook...
Sam: I loved serial killer Micah! I want to eat him with a spoon.
Jenny: I loved serial killer hard ass Micah as well.  Her and her heavy duty hymen ruined him.
Lori: He was ruined before that.  He went from hot as shit badass to being lead around by his dick.
Sam: Leese needs to be taken down a peg.  She needs a hemorrhoid or a wart on her super pussy or SOMETHING.  Something that makes her less attractive.  A personality flaw, gah.
Lori: To me she isn't all that attractive.  She's a size zero for Christ sakes... eww that's just skin and bones.
Sam: Right Lori and then Sam comes along with her full figured naughty librarian self and he goes "oh snap" and naughty Sam says "come to mama serial killer boy, let me show you some..... books" "I can, um, read to you all day long"
Lori:  Then naughty catholic school girl Lori, with all her curves comes out to "teach" him what naughty religious girls do...umm... during Sunday school.
Sam:  Right and then naughty Sam and naughty Lori give naughty Micah a spanking for being such a bad boy.
Jenny: then Lady Jennifer comes along with her bosom's spilling over her corsets and has Micah screaming OH GOD even though i don't have a heavy duty hymen
Lori:  OH yes, and then give him the happily ever after he deserves for being such a hot as fuck badass
Sam:  That review will bring all the bad asses to our yard.
Lori:  We could teach them but we'd have to charge
Sam:  I like reviewing with you!
Lori:  Me too ♥
So yes we kind of got a bit carried away there... But we were on a roll and having fun so there.... Now still on the first 21% on the book here we have an entire conversation based on Leese's visit to the OBGYN's office where we learn all about her choice in birth control which makes me wonder how in the world an 18 year old knows so much about the Rhythm Method... I sure as hell knew nothing about it until my husband and I were trying to get pregnant and I happened to read about it.... But then I told myself... "Okay Lori, shut it... you've got to remember that Leese isn't your average teenager, she's super smart, extremely mature, and seems to have an old soul with a need for speed"  And then I got over it... BUT, then came the part about... ummm... well, breaking her seal.  Most girls by 18 have already had their seals broken for whatever reason but Leese... well, her's was kind of a special Hymen?  LOL, I don't even know how to word that but we'll go with it.  Here is conversation number 2 via texts....
Lori: Of course she's a double virgin... can she be any closer to the definition of every mans dream?
Sam: Hahahahaha! Yep, she has a super vagussy
Lori: Good Lord.... well he sure is a lucky guy getting to penetrate fort knox and all that shit... lol
Sam: I know right?
Lori: What's the deal with the cramps?  Who gets cramps after an orgasm?  There's her flaw, her body is stupid...
Sam: Hahahaha! Maybe she got cramps because he had to use a jackhammer to penetrate her hymen.
Lori: LMAO... maybe so but if that's the case I'm glad I wasn't cursed.. I mean blessed with a super duty hymen.
So again... we kind of got carried away but once we get started we just can't seem to stop.  I mean she is a tad too perfect but then again I have to wonder... was she made this perfect because of what life has thrown her way so far... and then what still has yet to come?  Or... will something happen in book three where we'll see a glimpse of the Leese who isn't so wonderful and doesn't come off as a martyr or a victim?  Or... will she do something that will just piss us all off to the point where we realize that she really is just another fictional human and then love her because she made a mistake?  I can't help but wonder these things.

Now before you all start thinking that my girls and I didn't like the book... STOP, because we did... quite frankly once you get past the first 21% it's actually really good... not that the first 21% isn't because it is.. it's just that I found myself rolling my eyes a few times and wondering when the action was going to come... and then when it did I couldn't put it down.

There is so much I want to say about the rest of the book... I want to share my feelings for a few characters, I want to tell you about the decisions that were made and how they made me feel but I can't because one word and the whole book will be given away.  But I will give you conversation number 3 via Facebook...
Sam:  The hottest part of the book was when Ryan beat the crap out of Micah. He so deserved it and it redeemed Ryan in my eyes.
Lori: Oh, I fell for Ryan in this book... actually to the point where I wish she would have gone for it with him.
So there you go.... But I do have to warn you at the end of this book there is something bad that happens.  I want to give you an actual warning on it because I kind of wish I would have been better prepared for it but then again if I do, I'll end up ruining the book for you.. but I will tell you this... the bad thing that happens... is my guess on what the title means!

Unforgivable (Untouchable) by Lindsay Delagair is a good read... a little slow at the beginning but definitely faced paced enough that it kept my nose glued to Luke.. except when I was busy texting with Sam.  It took me a few days to gather my thoughts on this book for a few different reasons which are not discussed in this post but when I received and email from Lindsay and she gave me a little teaser about a certain character that I really do like and want to see him redeem himself I became anxious for book three to come out... especially now that my curiosity is through the roof.


Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. LMFAO this has got to be one of the most entertaining reviews I've ever read. Can't wait to read the book to see what all this perfection talk is about. Good job Lori, Sam, & Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks. It was a good book. I hope you like it :)

      Delete