Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rock and a Hard Place Review


Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Book description...
One day while watching the Interstate exit for her dad’s long awaited return, Libby’s life is rocked when Peter Jamieson steps off his tour bus and into her life. After a couple chance meetings with Peter, Libby breaks away from her perfect behavior and her life changes course.
Peter longs for normalcy away from the screaming fans who know nothing about the real him. He is amazed to discover Libby has never heard of him or his band. Soon their friendship turns to love. While Peter battles his family's growing interference so he can spend time with Libby, she struggles with her eccentric aunt who turns more bizarre each day.
Their lives are torn apart when Peter's family intrudes and Libby disappears. Peter’s desperate search for her comes up empty. Can they find their way back to each other while the world plots against them?

When I read the book description for Rock and a Hard Place I was pretty much expecting one of those heartfelt sugar sweet love stories that has a bit of drama.  Well, I have to be honest and say that I did not get what I expected and in all reality I got better than what I was expecting.

Libby is a very complicated girl with a very complicated life.  She can no longer be the girl she once was because of what has happened in her life... all that has changed.. and it broke my heart to see the pain this poor girl has suffered, and the pain she continues to suffer.  This poor girl and all she endured and continues to endure brought tears to my eyes and at one point had me praying out loud that she would finally catch a break... for once in her young life.

Peter is not your typical rock star and we all know how I feel about rock stars!  But I loved him.  He was sweet, loving, and loyal.  He knew what he wanted in a girl and when he met Libby he saw just that.  So he made sure he found a way to hold on to her... even if their relationship was going to be a long distance one.  The way he fell for Libby reminded me of how quickly my hubby and I fell in love and it brought a smile to my face... because in all reality how many 17 year old kids meet someone and just know they are meant to spend forever with that one person?  It was special and quite frankly Peter needed Libby's love just as much as Libby needed Peter's.

But life can't always be peaches and cream and leave it to those we love to step in and ruin it for us right?... well Peter's family did one heck of a job of coming between him and the one person he wants in his life more than anything.  Their timing couldn't have been worse either.. because once they are ripped apart... everything Libby has begun to accept as her life is ripped away from her and she is forced into situations that will prevent her from finding her one true love again.  Peter is one determined young man and has decided he will stop at nothing to find the girl that has stolen his heart.


Rock and a Hard Placeby Angie Stanton was a great little read.  It was emotionally consuming and had me praying this young couple would find their happily ever after they both so desperately deserved.  I look forward to reading Adam's story next!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment