Sunday, November 18, 2012

Clash (Crash #2) Review

CLASH by Nicole Williams

Book description...
The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard.
Especially when it comes to reining in Jude’s trigger touch temper and Lucy’s increasing jealousy of Jude’s Spirit Sister on the cheer squad who’s attached herself to him in just about every way a girl could. Feeling the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while becoming the foremost dancer in her class, Lucy knows something’s going to break. She wants both. She needs both. But if she doesn’t make a choice, she risks losing everything.
For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love might be the thing that just isn’t enough.



I absolutely ♥ Jude... I really, really do so I was absolutely thrilled when I noticed I had time to squeeze in a book of my choosing in between some prior commitments.   I've come to the conclusion that having to wait to read this book and get back into the roller coaster life that is Jude and Lucy, may have been a blessing in disguise... because it is one heck of a roller coaster.  So hold on book lovers... because it's one heck of a ride!

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy... I honestly never thought I would have ever said this considering how much I adored you in Crash but... What the hell sister?  There were so many times I wanted to smack her senseless or yell at her for the games she was playing but there was this one time that I actually wanted to pat her on the back and say "You go girl, fight for your man and let the world see"  Okay well now that I say that out loud I'm realizing there were actually two times I wanted to pat her on the back... only the second pat would have had a snarky little comment to go along with it!

Jude only slightly let me down twice... okay so kind of three times but I'd rather forget that third time ever happened!  I was heartbroken for him because no matter what he did, it seemed like he just wasn't going to win.  He wasn't a saint but I was able to see a drastic change in him, in everything about him.  The only time I thought for sure I'd see some kind of reaction out of him, I didn't and that was really one of the biggest let downs.  But at the end of the day he really is an 18 year old kid and at that exact moment I think he was a little preoccupied with making sure Lucy was okay.  

I absolutely loved how Nicole showed us Jude grow but I was disappointed that Lucy seemed to retreat until finally had some sense knocked in her head by the last person I would have expected.  Jude and Lucy's relationship was so up and down... down more than anything... that I can understand WHY Lucy was feeling the way she did but I didn't understand why she wasn't fighting harder.  I seriously hope that after everything these two kids have been through that they will still have to fight for their love but not have to fight through all the angst that has seemed to follow them.  

Come on Crush (Crash #3)... I'm ready for you!!!

Happy Reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment