Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Saving Grace Review

Saving Grace by J.M. Hill

Book description...
Grace Burke doesn’t need a thing.
She enjoys her quiet life in Fall Rivers, Colorado—running a bookstore and coffee shop with her cousin, Kate. The two have a successful business, a small circle of friends, and each other. What more could she want?
When the Anderson brothers move into the house across the street, it doesn’t take long for her to realize exactly what she’s been missing. At first sight, the youngest brother, Michael, captures Grace’s heart, and her quiet life is disrupted.
Then it turns upside down.
Grace isn’t the only one with eyes for Michael. Nina Sandler, one of Michael’s clients, threatens to come between them. When Nina can’t get Michael’s attention, she focuses on Grace—in a very dangerous way.
But love is never easy and if the best things in life are worth fighting for, then Grace must find the courage to fight. Not just for love and happiness but for her very life.


How many times have you caught yourself thinking... I'm not sure what it is about this book just yet, but for the life of me, I can't put it down...?  Well that was me, at least until about 30% of the book... well I take that back, I know what kept me engrossed.... it was Garrett!  He's more of a secondary character, but by far he was my absolute favorite.. I would absolutely LOVE to see J.M. write Garrett's story!  So I have to admit the prologue was a tad heartbreaking!

Grace was a wonderful woman!  I couldn't help but adore her beautiful heart and her sweet presence.  She was so loving, caring, and has to be the most understanding person ever!   Her relationship with Garrett was beautiful to watch... they had this immediate bond... a bond only a brother and sister seem to have... and I couldn't get enough of watching the two of them interact.  But there was also Michael and seeing how he made Grace react... made me crave him even more.

Oh dear sweet, gorgeous Michael... how I wanted to smack you a few times... but you more than made up for it in so many ways.  There was something intriguing about Michael, I don't know if it was because he was quiet yet confident or what it was, but I was always wanting to know more... like where he was when Miles and Garrett were over, why he felt the way he did about something, and how he didn't see what was happening with his psychotic client when it was right in front of his face.

Watching the relationship move from friendship to something more between Grace and Michael was frustrating and beautiful at the same time.  So many times I found myself saying... Just Kiss her already... and it took a while for him to finally listen to me and when he did I actually threw my arms up in the air and yelled... FINALLY!!!!!  But at the same time I love how J.M. showed us their relationship build from nothing to a close friendship and finally onto boyfriend/girlfriend.  It's not often you watch those relationships progress that way and I admire the way J.M. painted the picture for us.

Saving Grace is definitely worth reading!  It was clean but it was extremely good!

Happy reading!

1 comment: