Friday, November 9, 2012

Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle #1) Review

Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby

Book description...
Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.
Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.
Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?

*Warning: Contains profanity, explicit sex, and a super sexy couple!



When I think back to when Kristen emailed me and asked me to review her debut  novel, I remember thinking how awesome it feels to help out an author!  And then she told me a little about the book... and then she told me the heroes name and y'all know exactly how I feel about the name Luke... I have a major soft spot for it ;)   But in all honesty I think Natalie took rank over Luke.

Natalie is this gorgeous but extremely insecure woman when it comes to relationships.  She hasn't exactly had the greatest luck in life and has learned to live life as it comes at her even though she is emotionally damaged.  I admired her strength... the things this woman has been through would be enough to break a normal person but Nat seems to just go with the flow with a smile on her face.  She really pulled at my heart, to the point where I wanted to be her friend... I wanted to jump in the book, give her a big hug and make all her hurt go away... Fortunately Natalie had Jules for that.  Nat's and Jules relationship is a vivid reminder of a friendship I have with someone I've been friends with for years... it's a close bond that nothing can break.  They depend on each other for the honesty only a friend can give you and know that no matter what, at the end of the day they have each other!  So when Jules stepped up and redirected Nat's emotional insecurities when it came to Luke I knew Nat was in good hands. 

Luke... just the name makes me sigh... ever since my Kindles namesake landed on my Kindle I've gotten to the point where I just go mushy over the name... So, Luke Williams had me a puddle of goo before I even read Come Away With Me.  Then I read it and I saw what a sweet, genuine, giving, understanding, gentle, and extremely shy man he is... Plus he's hot.. like smoking hot!  It's no secret how much an alpha male turns me on and while Luke is alpha he seems to be alpha in more of a passive way instead of up in your face.  I love the in your face alpha boys but Luke totally did it for me, once he warmed up and knew what he had with Natalie was going somewhere special he got a little intense... he would not let her question their relationship, actually he'd get quite mad about it and that alone was freaking hot!

Their relationship has it's ups and downs but the ups far outweighed the downs and they made one sweet couple.  I loved watching Luke fight for what he knew was going to be "The One", and I loved watching Natalie finally see herself for the woman she was meant to be.  Kristen Proby has done a wonderful job creating this story that is sweet and in my eyes the absolute perfect read to follow an emotionally draining book.  I look forward to reading more of Kristen's work and I especially look forward to reading more in the With Me in Seattle Series!

Happy Reading! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment