Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Masters of the Shadowlands (Books 1-3) review

So I've decided to do something a little different here.  I'm a little appalled at the heat that E.L. James amazing Fifty Shades series is getting because of the BSDM nature of the books.  It's been a while since I've read them but I wanted to get my thoughts on BSDM books out there because quite honestly they are not at all what people seem to think they are.  Chances are these books are nothing like what really happens in this world... However, I wouldn't know for sure or not but I can tell you these books by no means promote violence... They're hot books... I mean HOT... so hot I've even e:mailed my husband an article written by the author of the 3 books I'm going to review below... I shocked myself when I happened to pick up a BSDM book and found myself more hot and bothered than I ever would have expected... 
These men don't abuse, they take over.  As women we do everything... we take care of everyone... we make all the decisions... and we never get breaks.  These men take the control out of the woman's hands in the bedroom so she can relax and just enjoy, she can be taken care of, and she can do it at the hands of a man who will cherish that trust.  If you still doubt it either don't continue to read this post or pick up at least the first book and watch how these Dominants allow these women to enjoy themselves as much as physically possible.....

Masters of the Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair...



Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive... is she?  Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in years. But the little sub who has wandered into his club intrigues him. She's intelligent. Reserved. Conservative. After he discovers her interest in BDSM, he can't resist tying her up and unleashing the passion she hides within.

Jessica was amazing..... She took a chance and entered into this world she knew nothing about, now granted she did it without reading through the paperwork but yet she found something she never would have imagined.  She found something that will bring her pleasure in the form of a very skilled and very sexy Master Z.

Master Z... wow... just... wow.  Now there is a Dom I would most definitely try a BSDM club for.  He has this little ability that allows him to know exactly what a person is feeling.... which makes him an even better Dom than he already is.  He takes to Jessica, he really likes what he sees and wants to take care of her... in and out of the bed room... and boy did he take care of her... especially IN the bedroom, although I guess some of it was outside tooSmiley 

I was extremely pleased with this book.... as I'm sure my husband was too... Club Shadowlands was my first actual BDSM book... it was the first of many to come.  Cherise Sinclair got me interested in something I never thought I would enjoy but I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't wait for more.




 After Kari breaks up with her date during Beginner's Night at Club Shadowlands, she's given the option to continue with an experienced dominant. Despite her steamy fantasies about BDSM, the inexperienced schoolteacher plans to simply observe. Yet under the unyielding hands of Master Dan, she not only participates, but gives him everything he asks for. There is nothing she can hide from him. Not her passion…or her love.  Still mourning the death of his wife, Master Dan avoids getting involved with women and he never takes a sub twice. But this modest little beginner is such a sweetie, one night is far from enough. As he plumbs her responses, taking her ever deeper into the world of BDSM, the gentle submissive begins to show him how barren his life has become and what a dark citadel he's made of his heart.  During their three nights together, the teacher will learn to submit...can she teach the master to love?

Dark Citadel had a bit more of a story to it... I can't say that I preferred it to Club Shadowlands but then again I did... I did because the story was sweet... there is nothing more appealing to a reader... or at least this reader... to read about a full figured woman who attracts the heart of a man who is convinced he can't fall in love again.

Kari was sweet too sweet to be with the man she was dating who took her to Club Shadowlands in hopes of him learning to become a Dom and her as his Sub.  After Master Z notices Kari's uncomfortableness with the man she arrived with he gets Master Dan to show Kari what a Dom is really about... and boy did her ever!

Master Dan... yes my friends another... wow kinda man that has that sex raw appeal but comes with the shadows of his past that prevent him from ever taking a sub for more than one night.  A little taste of Kari changes all that for Dan, she not only makes him want her but she helps him see that it is okay for him to let someone into his heart again.

Dark Citadel gave me more than I could have asked for... Dan and Kari's story made me want more, made me even more curious to the BDSM world, and had me even more grateful to have come across Cherise Sinclair's amazing books.



A sadistic husband left Beth scarred, inside and out. Only at the Shadowlands BDSM club does she feel like a woman. But her fears limit her to Doms who won't overwhelm her--the very ones who cannot arouse her. The Master of the Shadowlands gives her an ultimatum: accept the Dom he assigns or lose her membership. The last thing Beth wants is a ruthless, powerful Dom, but that's just what she gets.  Asked to take on a problem sub, Nolan sees the issue immediately--although truly submissive, the little redhead is too scared to relinquish control and her Doms have let her get away with it. That will change right now.  As Master Nolan takes Beth under command, compelling her submission, she's terrified, but the experienced Dom brings her pleasure, not pain. His only demand is that she never lie to him. Under his capable hands, her body comes alive, and she begins to heal. As he pushes her limits, she learns to trust…and then to love. And she realizes he is beginning to care for her in return.  But now her cruel husband has found her, and Master Nolan discovers she's been lying and lying and lying.

I honestly don't even know how to begin to tell you how much this story pulled at my heart... Beth, so sweet and strong... knew she needed that something extra in the bedroom but because of her very sick husband she can't seem to get turned on by any of the Dom's she has done scene's with.  My heart went out to Beth for what she went through and what she was able to finally overcome with the extremely talented Master Nolan.

Master Nolan.... I was a little hesitant of him at first, he's quiet and maybe even a little scary but he quickly broke through to my heart when he helped Beth give up her control and find that satisfaction only a good man could give her.  Not to mention he is actually a very sweet and thoughtful man who knew he had to take that extra step to show Beth she could trust him... and he didn't mind doing it either, actually he enjoyed taking the time to get to know her better.

Breaking Free was a little darker than the previous two books in the Masters of the Shadowlands series but the story was amazing... The struggles that Beth and Nolan faced together broke my heart but filled it with love at the same time because Nolan helped a battered woman find herself again.  He helped her learn that it's okay to trust again, that it's okay to love again, and most of all he showed her that love and trust is something special and he wouldn't do anything to break either of these for her.


Cherise Sinclair's Master of the Shadowlands books changed something for me... they made me actually see how giving that special someone all of your trust in the bedroom can make everything that much better, how giving control to that special someone can make you find pleasure you may not normally find because as women our minds are always working, always thinking about what has to be done next, and we never allow our minds to have a break.  Like I said earlier I sent an article to my husband, not because I want him to become a Dom and me a Sub but because what Cherise has to say or I should say to teach is hot... If you're interested check it out here 

Don't be afraid to check out a book because people say it's not right or because you're afraid of what someone will think of you because you like it.  Reading is for the reader only... if you chose to share your thoughts or opinions on the types of books you like find like minded people who enjoy the same thing.  Not everyone will agree with your preference for reading material and you'll be surprised at the number of people who like it but are afraid to admit it.  Cherise Sinclair wrote these amazing books... not only do they give a glimpse of what it may or may not be like in the BDSM world but she gives us readers an escape, maybe even a little courage to approach your significant other and say "I'd like to try something".   I definitely recommend checking out these books, they're hot hot hot, not to mention you'll probably enjoy it more than you think!

Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment