Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double Clutch (A Brenna Blixen Novel #1) Review

Double Clutch (A Brenna Blixen Novel) by Liz Reinhardt.

Book description...
What happens when you fall in love with the perfect guy... twice... in one day?
Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she’s back in the States, she’s determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance.
What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once.
The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus.
But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn’t know why he can’t get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake’s sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be more darker and more complex than Brenna’s willing to handle.
Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies... and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.
Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school’s rising punk band, keeping up her grades in both academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.
She has to make a choice. But how can she when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the other’s? 


Okay let me start off by giving a big virtual hug to Liz... She is amazing, sweet, funny, and I am so grateful to have "met" her.  I received an autographed copy of Double Clutch from Liz a while back and let me just tell you she sure did brighten my day... not just with an extremely amazing gift but with her amazing words of encouragement that had me smiling and tearing up a little!  Thank You Liz..... You're a special woman Smiley  

How many ways can I say that I absolutely ADORE Brenna?  She's smart, she's sweet, she's confident, and she is ready to face the world head on with her natural beauty and amazing personality.  I honestly could not get enough of her... I dearly wish that more girls could show the confidence the Brenna had, that they could embrace their inner beauty and own style without fear, and could just be themselves instead of trying to be what they think they should be to please their peers.  Brenna is the girl we all wish we were in High School.  

So now that Brenna is back in the US she is starting two new schools.... High School and Tech School.  Here is where is gets super fun and where as a reader I actually found myself arguing over who she should pick.... Saxon, NO! Jake.... NO! Saxon... No, Jake.  I seriously could not make up my mind.  Both of these boys were enticing in their own way and the only way I could settle the indecision in my head was to say I want them both... Saxon.... sigh.... he just oozed that natural sex appeal with his killer bad boy looks, the ability to have grown women blushing with a simple grin, and knowing just what to say to ultimately piss you off all while getting you all hot and bothered... Talk about Bad Boy Perfection!!!!!  Then you have Jake... I just wanted to put him in my pocket and keep him forever.... He has the bad boy past but has learned from his mistakes and is now focused on life, he is sugar sweet, and gorgeous beyond belief.  Who would you pick?  The Bad Boy that you know you will have lots of fun with or the Sweet boy that will melt your heart?

I couldn't decide... I mean I know who was better for Brenna in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship but at the same time I wasn't entirely sure of that decision... I couldn't decide if Brenna should go for the pure love or go for some life experiences.  It was clear that both Saxon and Jake cared deeply for Brenna and she cared deeply for both of them... even if she wasn't willing to admit for caring about Saxon.  What a tough situation to be in.... having to chose between two gorgeous boys both willing to shower you with love and affection... if it were me, I would have chosen both... why not get the best of both worlds.... Right?

So Jake and Brenna start dating while Saxon pines in the background for Brenna's time and attention... The love that grows between them is very special, it's very sweet, and it had me smiling nonstop because I could feel the emotions right along with Brenna...I could feel her love for Jake and I could see the love he has for her as well!  I absolutely LOVED how cautious Jake was about Brenna's experience... I understood her frustration but I honestly could not feel sorry for her because... WOW Jake was a gentleman about the whole thing.... and considering I was once an inexperienced teenage girl I wish that boys would have been that cautious with me because those situations are meant to be special.   He knew what he had with Brenna was special and he wanted every experience with her to be just that..... Special!  Even though they're young... their love is beautiful and you can't help but cheer them on as they head towards their happily ever after.

Double Clutch (A Brenna Blixen Novel) by Liz Reinhardt is a beautiful story with a love triangle that will have you second guessing yourself over who you'd pick.... who you think Brenna should choose.  Liz has a wonderful talent that should not be ignored... her writing style pulls you in and leaves you wanting more.  You can feel the emotions of the characters, see the scenery, and live the book as if you were there.  I definitely give Liz some major props and have to say I can not wait to read more of her work.... I can't wait to share my thoughts on Junk Miles with you and I can not wait to start reading Slow Twitch. 


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment