Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Point of Retreat (Slammed Series #2) Review


Point of Retreat (Slammed series) by Colleen Hoover... is a butterflying amazing book and I butterflying loved it!

Book description...
A follow-up novel to Slammed, by Colleen Hoover.

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.
Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.


☆★☆ Last week I entered to win an autographed copy of Slammed on Colleen's website and I won... I was so excited but when I got the mail today I was absolutely THRILLED because Colleen not only sent an autographed copy of Slammed with some absolutely amazing sweet words but she also sent a copy of Point of Retreat.  EEEK!!  So as a way to say Thank You to the wonderfully talented Colleen Hoover I am going to give away 2 ebook copies of Slammed and 2 ebook copies of Point of Retreat.  To enter to win an ebook of Point of Retreat all you have to do is comment below with what your favorite book is and why.  Want extra chances of winning?  Share this with your friends and then leave another comment with a link of where you shared it... Facebook, Twitter, where ever you want!!!!  Good Luck!!!  The winners will be announced on Monday 4/9/12... make sure you check back or leave an email address with your comment. ☆★☆ 

Wow... can I just say WOW!!!!!!  Colleen has definitely made me a fan all over again.  Another author that has gotten herself into my heart and it has nothing to do with the fact that I won an autographed copy of one of her books... it's because she has a talent that keeps me interested... it consumed me... and when I say consumed I mean like the way KA's books consume me... YES my wonderful fellow book lovers she is THAT good.  

☆★☆ Warning...If you have yet to read Slammed .....  this review will give away spoilers to Slammed so make sure you go read it first and then come back ☆★☆



Oh how I love to spend time with these characters... and the fact that there are more characters introduced, well at least the good ones, just made the book that much more fun!

Lake and Will are finally together and falling more in love everyday.  Their relationship is a bit different since Will is raising his brother, Caulder, and now Lake is raising Kel, but they manage and I have to say they seem to be doing an amazing job raising two young boys even though they are both still kids themselves.  Things are going wonderfully for Lake and Will... it's beautiful to see how these two work together in just about every aspect of life and they make everything work, and they make it seem effortless.  Lake's mom made sure to leave behind special gifts not only for Lake and Kel but also for Lake and Will.  As a mother it's our job to give our children advice and help them grow into the wonderful adults we all hope our children will become... Lake's mom... well, she did something so special, so touching that I had tears in my eyes... She found a way to make sure that Will and Lake will continue to get that much need advice or words of comfort from a loving mother even though she couldn't physically be there to give it to them!

Okay so have you ever had to make a decision on whether or not to tell someone about something?  Well someone from Will's past comes back into his life, he isn't welcoming of this person but yet he's conflicted if he should share the news with Lake or not... Unfortunately for him, he chose not to tell her.  I understood his decision here... the last thing he wanted was to put doubt into Lake's mind, make her retreat from him... but he also made the wrong decision because it ended up costing him.   Now here's where it got funny... the lengths that Will was willing to go to talk to Lake was downright hysterical.... involving kids, very intelligent kids at that, was so funny I found myself cracking up... now mind you I pulled an all nighter with Slammed and Point of Retreat so it was probably around 2 or 3 in the morning when I was reading all this.. which just made it that much more funny to me.....

Lake is very stubborn and I have to say that I have got to hand it to the girl for really making Will work for it.... at first I was also a little upset about her making him work so hard for it because it was so clear... crystal clear how Will felt about Lake and that she felt the same way... That is until her reasons for making him work for it came out.  They were extremely valid reasons, reasons a typical 19 year old wouldn't think about... I don't think most adults would even think about them, reasons that could make or break any relationship...  and that was when I knew that Lake was making the right decision, not only for herself but for Will too.   But don't worry my friends... our dear Will continues to fight for Lake because he believes in his love for her, he believes in their love for each other.

"And no, I don't need days, or weeks, or months to think about why I love you.
It's and easy answer for me.
I love you because of you.
Because of
every
single
thing
about you."


Point of Retreat (Slammed series) by Colleen Hoover is an absolutely beautiful story of why it's important to fight for those we love... fight for why we love them... continue to show them why they are important to us.... and most importantly to fight for the most beautiful thing there is to cherish.... Love!  I was touched with both Slammed and Point of Retreat, they both show so many life lessons that have to be learned or dealt with that you can't help but walk away from the books feeling the warmth of the love these two kids share not only with each other but with their families, and their friends... who are more like extended family.  These books show us how important it is to cherish what we have with the special people in our lives and continue to open our hearts for others.  Colleen has a gift and I say from the bottom of my heart that I can not wait to read more of her work.

Happy Reading!


12 comments:

  1. Is there no end to your talent you clever clogs?
    Great review again Lori.

    Geez, everytime you posts that poetry I get a big fat lump in my throat - those poems make me emotional.

    I keep meaning to type them out from the book - I want to re-read them again and again.

    Lovely stuff my friend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm you posts? I meant post!

      Delete
    2. Thanks babycakes <3 I want to re-read these books again too... I wonder if Colleen will give us more Will and Lake...I absolutely LOVE Will and Lake!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oi Crikey! Ya just made meh tear up! Ya beautiful, Lori! Jest beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh bloody hell! What is that?

      Delete
    2. lmao!!! I love it when you speak Australian Colleen!!!!

      Delete
  3. I just want to win both books :) My fav book today will be Fly Boys.... read it last night... totally hot book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this book looks soooo good!!!!! I haven't read Slammed yet and I guess that means that I know how it will end but I don't care because it won't take away from the book for me! Eek! I'm excited to start these books. I hope I win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. colleen dduuudde ur aussie is getting sooooo good lmao

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok my little lori monster .....i couldnt read ur review :( pouty sad face alround but as u know i am starting slammed when i WIN IT hint hint hint hint hint ......um did u get my hint ????

    ok so im claiming a "future" favourite ......& that is going to be SLAMMED by this freaking hillarius chick i know called colleen , who's book i won off this other awesome chick i know Lori who has this blog & does shit hot reviews ..........just sayin lmao

    oh oh & u will never guess what happened .!!! right well after i won slammed i then loved it soooo much, u wouldnt believe this then i won POINT OF RETREAT !!! I KNOW RIGHT !! what a scoup ..........:)

    of course this is all in the future .....just sayin

    BTW to my awesome mates colleen & lori ...RRRRAAAWWWRRRR !!!

    OK BITCHES OVER & OUT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! Sali, I'm so emotional. I can't believe you won! Wow, you must be so excited!! Thought you would have hit us with an acceptance speech though.
      Are you still composing it or something? Don't forget to thank Colleen for entertaining us with her Pirate speak and remember to thank me, not sure what for, but thank me anyways.
      Wow, this is indeed an emotional day for me.
      Congrats BB xx

      Delete
    2. OMG I should have made Jenny enter for you! Thank you for not reading the review Sal..I forgot all about it giving something away! Luv ya babe!!!!

      Delete