Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bad Rep Review

Bad Rep by Meredith A. Walters



Book description…
"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".
Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.
She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.
It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.
But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?

So I will admit that normally I’m not real big on a whole lot of angst in books… all the cheating, manipulation, lies, and hurt get to me after a while… and while this book doesn’t really have a TON of angst it still pushed my comfort level.  But with that said… I freaking LOVED every second of it.  Sure most of the time my heart was in my throat and I felt like I was going to puke but it was hard as hell not to keep rooting for Maysie and Jordan!

Maysie is a girl that I was able to connect with.  She was not out to hurt anyone and actually felt extremely guilty for hurting people the way that she did.  She continued to feel bad for hurting said people even after they ran her name and reputation through the mud over and over again.  Here is where I’m able to connect with her… while I will admit that I have unintentionally hurt people I will also admit to continuing to feel guilty (even when it wasn’t my fault) after they have trashed my name left and right.  And the sad thing is… it still happens to this day.  I’m a sucker in all reality, I hate having people mad at me, I hate being mad at people, and I especially hate it when conclusions are jumped to without taking the time to converse with those you “care about”. 

That is exactly what happened to Maysie and the entire time I felt so horrible for her.  Sure she made a mistake but in all reality she was not the person that should have been attacked, especially not the way she was.  There was another guilty party here and it seems as if they just got of scot free… which really sucks…. BUT at the same time it doesn’t.  Because Maysie was able to finally get to the point where - what other people thought REALLY doesn’t matter… it’s what she thinks about herself that matters!  I seriously think this is a good book for every college girl to read…. And to those Olivia’s and Milla’s out there (And yes, I do know some personally and I PRAY that they read this so they can see that I’m actually giving them the finger right now) – May you read this book and actually take some notes because when it comes down to it Karma really is a bitch!

*Deep breaths*… Okay I think I’m over my little rage… lol.  

Jordan is just… well he’s Jordan.  At one point I wanted to think “Wow this guy is too good to be true” and then I wanted to rip his eyebrow piercing out.  He was never intentionally a jerk but he seriously could not have been that blind… he had to have noticed what was really going on and in all reality that is the ONLY reason I didn’t yell at my kindle and call Maysie every name under the sun.  Jordan had to prove himself just as much as Maysie had to teach herself what really matters.  Now that doesn’t mean that I don’t have a little crush on Jordan… because I do… I certainly wouldn’t tell him no. 

The relationship between Maysie and Jordan was perfect… or it would have been had it not started out the way it did.  There was definitely no denying how either of them felt about the other and seeing that connection only solidified the fact that these two really needed to get themselves together so they could have that perfect bond that all men and women search for.  Because at the end of the day what these two had really was… true love!

Happy Reading!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment