Thursday, January 24, 2013

Up to Me (Bad Boys #2) Review

Up to Me by M. Leighton


Book description…
Happily ever after doesn’t come easy. But for love, it’s always worth the fight.
Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.
Dangerous people from his father’s world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they’re willing to do anything—and hurt anybody—to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia.
Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia’s trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl’s only option. And this is one of them. If she’s to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that’s much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.

**Warning**
If you have NOT read Down to You (Bad Boys #1) make sure you read it before reading this review!!!!  Up to Me is the second book in the Bad Boys Series that follows the lives of Olivia, Cash, & Nash.

I have officially decided that when I go to Vegas for the Naughty Mafia Rocks Vegas signing event I am going to ask M. Leighton HOW I can get my hands on Cash Davenport.  That bad boy seriously has it all in my eyes and the way he feels about Olivia – Umm, WOW!  It’s freaking HOT!!!  Then I think I’m going to ask M. Leighton how in the world she keeps shooting out hit after hit.  This is the seventh book of hers that I couldn’t get enough of! Hmm, maybe I should just email her and ask her for an interview?  But really, M. Leighton has one heck of a talent when it comes to telling these stories, she sucks you in to the point where you feel as if you’re a part of the book and then she leaves you hungry for more once you’ve finished! 

Anyway, Up to Me begins literally where Down to You left off… Liv and Cash are together and even though the words haven’t been said it’s MORE than obvious how they feel about each other.  The only thing that seemed to be missing for me, and I say this because these two had been through SO much in Down to You, is I wish they would have had a few chapters of getting the feel of having an actual relationship.  Sure they could have kept it all hush hush but they really needed that time to get the feel of each other without any of the lies.  But… they don’t.

Up to Me is pretty nonstop action packed.  Liv and Cash never once got a break from everything that kept happening and then they got some real freaking smacks in the face… BOTH of them.  Maybe Cash a little more than Olivia, or maybe not.  But seriously these two need a serious vacation with no interruptions so they can confess their feelings for each other over and over OR so that Cash can go all bossy and talk all hot and dirty to Olivia over and over… Yeah, I like the second idea better!  Because that’s another thing about this book that actually kind of sort of left me a little breathless – the freaking dirty talk… I LOVE dirty talk and I was in serious dirty talk heaven with Cash and all his naughtiness!

If you loved Down to You as much as I did or even if you only liked it you will definitely want to continue on with this series because there are some real twists… twists I NEVER would have seen coming and was pretty blown away when they happened!  Now I’m even more anxious for the next book in the Bad Boy series… especially now that – Yeah, I’m so not giving that spoiler away ;) 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment