Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont #1) Review



Book description…
I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.
I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.
And now I’m going back.
After ten years.
I hope I can explain that after all this time.
I still want her to be my forever girl
.

***Warning*** This review does contain spoilers***
So I saw this cover I think on Facebook a while back and my curiosity was peeked… then I read the book description and I thought – OMG this looks sooo good!  And it was, it was really good.   Then after I went and rated it on Goodreads after reading it I saw a review by Aestas from Aestas Book Blog and I realized HOW on the nail she hit it with her words – “The heartbreak of mistakes, the power of forgiveness”  She’s so right, THAT is exactly what this book is about and part of what made this book so beautiful! (Check out Aestas review of Forever My Girl HERE)

I adored Liam but at the same time I wanted to smack him for the choices he made that had both him and Josie miserable.  But at the same time he was just so easy to love.  He writes beautiful music about the girl he has and always will love, he embraces the secret that was kept from him for years even though he had every right to be angry, he genuinely cared about everyone to the point where he was going to make sure that life was as easy as possible for all of them.  And the biggest reason for me loving him was that he knew that Josie was always meant to be his and he was going to make sure that he got his girl but he didn’t go about it in a malicious way.  Then when that happened he didn’t rush to make her his again, he waited patiently for her to be ready instead of jumping in feet first and claiming her again. 

Then there was Josie and while there were times when I really wish I could have gotten mad at her, I just couldn’t.  I understood her reactions and more than understood the choices she was making.  She was trying to do what was best but that wasn’t always the case.  In all reality Josie was a very sweet and very caring woman but she had been hurt and hurt badly by Liam.  So she was very hesitant to believe what he was telling her.  But once she did, once she put the hurt behind her and looked at what her future could be, everything just fell into place.

When everything finally worked itself out and Liam and Josie were able to come together it was explosive.  They still had massive amounts of chemistry and neither of them could deny the fact that they were still madly in love with the other.  True love is hard to break and even though these two had some time apart with a lot of heartbreak, it was more than clear that they were meant to be together! 

This is definitely one to read, as a matter of fact, I would add it to my must read of 2013!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori!

    I nominated you for the Leibster award!

    Check it out :-)

    http://literarymaniareviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award-2013.html

    ReplyDelete