Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden Review




Book description…
There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.
Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.
For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.
Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

Oh. My. God.
I freaking LOVE Jessica Sorensen!  Like seriously love her, I have developed a mad girl crush on her because of these freaking fantastic stories she writes.  I have yet to read a book of hers that I didn’t love including The Secret of Ella and Micah and The Fallen Star Series!  She pulls you so far into the story that you can’t help but feel like you’re a part of the characters and you’re experiencing everything they are right along with them.  That was more than the case with The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden!

Dear sweet Callie… how I want to hug you and tell you that everything will be okay, that you will be okay, and then try and take the hurt away from your past.  My heart seriously ached for Callie.  One event changed her entire life and I more than sympathize with her because she had to continue to…. Opps, nevermind.  I almost gave y’all a spoiler there!  Anyway, Callie is struggling with trying to go back to who she is or maybe saying she’s trying to figure out exactly who she is because she’ll never be able to go back.  While trying to figure it all out, slowly but surely, she runs into Kayden or should I say he runs into her.

Kayden has some issues of his own… he’s been trying to find the girl who saved his life for months.  He pulled at my heart too.  The things he had to face where heartbreaking and not only made me want to hug him and soothe away his hurts but also pissed me off in a way that had my heart pounding in my chest and my breathing accelerate a little.  He doesn’t do feelings, normally, but there is something about Callie that calls to Kayden and he becomes the man Callie needs in order to start healing herself. 

Actually, Callie and Kayden heal each other in ways neither had ever expected but that they both, over time, became grateful for.  The patience Kayden shows is absolutely astounding… not that I haven’t seen it in books before, but like I said before Jessica sucked me so far into this book that I felt things on a different level… so to me his patience and determination meant that much more.  And then at the end…. I burst into tears.  Not only because of what had happened but because now I have to freaking wait to find out what’s next for Callie and Kayden.  Not Fair! 

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden is a MUST read.  It’s heartbreaking, it’s touching, it’s beautiful, and it’s entirely captivating.  Go… Read it...it's only 99 cents!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment